Night tours and pubquiz
How much do you know about the Prison Gate Museum? Join our night tours and pubquiz on 25 January and find out! This pubquiz doesn't take place in your regular pub, but on a very special location: a former prison. Our guide will first take you on a night tour of the age-old cell complex. Next up is the pubquiz in the Warden's Home. Is your team going home with the prize?
About the Prison Gate Museum
In the year 1280 AD, the gate served as the main entrance to the castle of the Counts of Holland, known as the Binnenhof today. In the fifteenth century this ‘Front Gate to the Court’ also became a prison. It was where defaulters were incarcerated and suspected criminals awaited their trials. Sometimes that could take months, but imprisonment was not a punishment in itself until the 17th century. Actual sentences included fines, exile, public humiliation and corporal and capital punishment. Famous patriots such as Cornelis de Witt and Dirk Volckertszoon Coornhert were incarcerated in the Prison Gate.
Enlist your team!
- Programme on 25 January (duration: 1,5 hours):
- 19.00 hr / 7 P.M. (Dutch)
- 20.00 hr / 8 P.M. (English)
- 21.00 hr / 9 P.M. (Dutch)
- Costs: € 15,00 pre-sale or € 17,50 at the door. This includes the night tour, pubquiz, a drink and an appetizer.
- Reservations for your team can be made by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (070 - 346 08 61). There is a maximum of 6 tickets per person.
- Age: 8+ (there is no special rate for children)
Photo: A.M. Minnaard Fotografie