Prices / Times
The museum is due to the Corona virus. The museum follows the national guidelines of RIVM and the Museum Association. All school visits are cancelled.
We hope to welcome you again soon, and keep you informed via our website and newsletter.
- Tue - Fri: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Sat & Sun: 12 noon - 5 PM
- The Prison Gate Museum is closed on Mondays.
- Click here for opening hours during national holidays in 2020.
The cell complex of the Prison Gate Museum can only be visited as part of a guided tour.
- A 30-minute guided tour in Dutch starts every hour. For our visitors who don't understand Dutch, we offer free booklets with the tour information in various languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Japanese and Russian. Please note that the last guided tour starts at 3:45 PM.
- Every Saturday and Sunday there is an English guided tour at 2:15 PM (also daily during school holidays).
If you would like to reserve tickets for a tour at a specific time, please call +31 70 346 0861. We will hold the tickets for you until 15 minutes before the tour starts. This museum is not appropriate for children under the age of 8.
The Prison Gate Museum shares an entrance with the Gallery Prince William V. You may opt to buy a combined ticket which allows you to visit both museums for a reduced total admission fee.
|Prison Gate Museum||Combination Gallery Prince William V|
|Adults||€ 15,00||€ 17,50|
|Children aged 4 - 18||€ 7,50||non applicable|
|CJP/Cultuurkaart/Student pass||€ 7,50||non applicable|
|PEP-pas/ Hague volunteer pass||€ 7,50||non applicable|
|Ooievaarspas adults||€ 7,50||non applicable|
|Ooievaarspas children||€ 3,75||non applicable|
Groups (15 people or more):
|Prison Gate Museum|
The Prison Gate Museum is a historic building. It has many narrow staircases, high thresholds and uneven floors. Therefore, the museum is unfortunately not accessible to wheelchairs.
Terms and conditions for visitors:
Download the visitor conditions of the Prison Gate Museum.